“A Platform Approach to Cloud Storage”
- – Minimize Cloud Storage TCO
- – Maximize Cloud Data Protection
- – One Platform
A PLATFORM BUILT FOR THE CLOUD
- Most cloud storage solutions drag the old legacy storage IO stack into the cloud’s modern infrastructure. Their challenge is cloud architectures reward efficiency, which these old designs can’t deliver. CloudProx set out to change the storage industry. We spent the first eight years starting from scratch, rewriting algorithms and flattening the storage IO stack into a single, highly efficient storage translation layer. We call it the CloudProx Engine, and it powers Azure.
MINIMIZE CLOUD STORAGE TCO
- Azure delivers the absolute lowest possible total cost of ownership (TCO) of any cloud storage solution on the market. It offers a low upfront cost plus the ability to deliver high-performance from minimal compute instances. Azure supports all Azure Managed Disk tiers and can transparently and automatically move data between tiers as the data profile changes. It makes sure that your data is on the correct tier, striking the perfect balance between cost and performance. Finally, Azure instances can be shut down when not in use and quickly restarted when needed.
MAXIMIZE DATA PROTECTION
- Azure offers a no-compromise approach to data protection. It includes our Snap feature, which means you can take space-efficient snapshots as frequently as every minute and retain those snapshots indefinitely without impacting performance. Snap can replace backup, protect against ransomware, and IT can even use it as part of a Cloud Archive strategy.
CLOUD DISASTER RECOVERY
- Organizations can use Azure as a disaster recovery site for an on-premises copy of our Enterprise Storage Platform. With our Cloud DR solution, data is replicated continuously to the cloud and stored in a native format. During a disaster or a DR test, customers can quickly start the required compute instances.
- When IT combines our snapshot features with our replication solution, Replicate, to eliminate the backup process, Replicate can synchronize critical applications to Azure, saving companies the cost of creating their own DR site. IT can maintain different snapshot schedules in each location for further independence. Our calendar and file-by-file based recovery tools enable you to get required data restored in seconds.
- Azure can create a “cloud-out” capability enabling customers to take advantage of the near infinite scale of the cloud and eliminate the need for on-premises archive storage, which consumes precious data center floor space. IT can securely search the cloud repository from anywhere in the world for rapid retrieval.
- Azure enables organizations to save money and reduce the TCO of their on-premises investment by building for “normal.” During peak demand, the organization can shift operations to the cloud and deploy more powerful compute instances to address increasing demand. After the peak demand passes, Azure can reverse the sync to on-premises and save egress fees by only sending changed data.
- Organizations looking to minimize the TCO and maximize the data protection of applications already running in the cloud can leverage Azure’s ability to run on minimal compute and provide unprecedented levels of data protection. Its ability to automatically tier data between all Azure Managed Disk classes also allows customers to right-size their storage spend with application demands.
AZURE – THE CLOUD PLATFORM
- Azure consolidates cloud storage services like it does on-premises storage. Instead of buying and managing the license for every cloud use case, you can use one use case because of its ability to support iSCSI, NFS, and SMB from a single interface. A single interface for all your cloud storage and on-premises storage will significantly reduce both hard costs and ongoing operational costs.