Direct Write | Replicate | vRAID | Snap
“Improve Data Integrity and Protection”
Data integrity and protection are top priorities for the Enterprise Storage Platform. The most common threat is data loss due to drive failure. vRAID is CloudProx’s patented high-performance erasure coding integrated into the CloudProx Enterprise Platform.
THE FASTEST REBUILDS IN THE INDUSTRY!
- vRAID, even on high-density drives, provides the fastest rebuild times in the industry. CloudProx measures its flash rebuild times in minutes, and our hard drive rebuild times are typically less than a couple of hours. CloudProx tested its rebuild performance in a recent test in an array powered by a mid-range server and populated with 14TB hard disk drives. After failing a drive, vRAID returned all volumes to a protected state within 1 hour and 45 minutes!
MIX DRIVE SIZES WITHOUT REFORMATTING!
- As a CloudProx Enterprise Platform customer expands their capacity, they can immediately use the highest capacity drives available to them without changing volume or RAID configurations. vRAID will automatically start to redistribute data to the new drives, ensuring the customer enjoys every drive’s full capacity.
FULL APPLICATION PERFORMANCE DURING RECOVERY!
- Because every CloudProx system has a high-performance flash tier, applications and users can enjoy its full performance even during a RAID rebuild. All write activity and most-read activity continues to be served from the flash tier. As a result, the hard disk tier can focus primarily on the rebuild process and deliver completion in record time.
NO HOT SPARES!
- With CloudProx‘s vRAID, all drives are active, eliminating the need for hot spares. There is no need to race to the data center to replenish the drive reserves. vRAID rebuilds occur by redistributing data from the failed drive across the remaining drives, thus eliminating the single drive bottleneck. The elimination of hot spares also means every drive’s capacity is working for the organization instead of sitting idle.
THE ROI OF BETTER RAID
- CloudProx‘s vRAID delivers a better ROI than any other media protection technique on the market:
- ● Save money and data center footprint by using the highest-density drive technologies.
- ● Leverage high-density hard disk tiers for static data without fear of multi-day rebuild times.
- ● Don’t over-allocate drive redundancy settings. In most cases, single drive redundancy for flash and dual-drive redundancy for hard disk drives is acceptable.
- ● Elimination of hot spares returns potentially hundreds of terabytes in capacity that sat idle in the past and eliminates unscheduled trips to the data center.